The Random Thoughts of Doc J

A collection of random thoughts from a "Red" American in the heart of "Deep Blue" territory. Commentary on national events, as well as the occasional thought regarding the goings-on in the People's Republic, I mean Commonwealth, of Massachusetts.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Eastern, Massachusetts, United States

Friday, January 07, 2005

A "F-U"

That's "Follow-Up" (don't hyperventalate, anyone) to my earlier post where I took the United Pygmys, I mean Nations, to the woodshed for their comments about our alleged "stinginess".

I'm sure y'all read PowerLine - if you don't, you should. It's required reading at least twice per day. Anyway, they link to this particular piece at another weblog authored by our foreign service folks who are doing The Lord's work in the tsunami devastated areas of SE Asia.

This clip, as well as most of the posts at DiploMad, are very instructive regarding the ineffectiveness of the U.N. in practice.

I was thinking about this while listening to the news on my way to work this morning. U.N. "officials" (some assistant deputy, under-secretaries of something-or-other) were on the radio screaming about the need for a billion more dollars NOW, in order to head off an all-but inevitable human catastrophe. The question that statement begs is, "OK, so what precisely are you doing about it, mister U.N. klepto-crat?"

Not much, it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home